POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crater field : Re: Crater field Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:11:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crater field
From: Rick Measham
Date: 29 Nov 2005 06:30:38
Message: <438c3bde@news.povray.org>
Kenneth wrote:
> I think my eyes and brain are playing tricks on me.
> Probably just a result of the lighting...
> but the craters look kind of dome-like.

Whoah .. I was the same! I even went to the casini website and took a
look at the source material, sure enough, some of *theirs* look domed too.

But I was convinced they wouldn't be, so I went back to the pov and
looked again, but no matter what I did, they were still domes.

Then your post came in and the inversion clearly shows they are concave
rather than convex. So I opened the original again to see if I could see
what went wrong. Still domes.

So I gave up and started looking at the detail .. and all of a sudden I
noticed they were concave! Now I can't see them as convex any more!
Stupid eyes!

Cheers!
Rick Measham